…as they say in beautiful Hamburg, my hometown. But I also feel just as at home in Cologne where I lived for the past 10 years. Because interpreting assignments only rarely take place at home, I regularly travel across Germany and throughout the world both for business and pleasure.
Here are a few key facts about me so that you know who you are dealing with:
- Studies: Multilingual Communication (B.A.) and Conference Interpreting (M.A.) at the TH Köln (Technical University of Cologne)
- Exchange semesters at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies (Monterey, CA, USA) and at the University of Western Sydney (NSW, Australia)
- Several months abroad in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and Spain
- Research in the field of Community Interpreting and interpreter training
- freelance translator, subtitler and respeaker for the WDR Mediagroup GmbH
- Member of the VKD: German Association of Conference Interpreters within the Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators (BDÜ)
Would you like to know which projects I have worked on as an interpreter or translator? Then take a look at my portfolio and references.
Hamburg born and bred with West African roots, resident of Cologne and a true globetrotter.
Interpreting studies in Germany, Australia and USA.